Well the painting has slowed down a bit as I've been playing games and attending tournaments. I managed to pick up a best army award at the Woking Weirdboyz 1850 at the start of the month and while this was generally unexpected it's given me hope that I'll get a nomination in January at my next tourney. Trying to refine my list for Jans tourney has meant that rather than painting much new stuff I've been touching up and swapping arms on my rogue trader marines. But here's some of teh stuff I have managed to put brush to model with...
A tyranid prime
My nice best army trophy
Just finished a few Raveners so added in an edit
more squats I'm slowly working on (Thrudd the barbarian too)
Well this last week I've been finishing off my army for the woking weirdboys 1850 pts tourney at the end of this month. It's a Rogue trader spacemarine army that I've been working on for the last years or so and to be honest its starting to get a bit out of hand ( I keep buying more stuff on ebay) but its coming to the end and the weird boys will be the armies first proper outing.
below is the finished 1850 army. I finished the squats and sternguard this week lets hope they do themselves proud on the field of battle...
Well i was away for a while but now been back a week now and have been painting furiously trying to get my RTB01 army finished for the woking weird boys tourney at the end of the month, however... I keep geting distracted and painting random things. so enjoy some shots of some of the random things i've mostley been painting.
First off we have the crashed imperial lander scenery i bought of eBay for a few quid, always wanted one of these it's an awesome piece of scenery.
I had to flock the edges with light green static grass, it's a bit light but matches my gaming table so it's the only option.
I did manage to get my RTB01 stern guard started and almost finished, I batch painted them which I find a bit boring but it's the quickest way to get things done.
I also managed to convert and paint a doom, I used the head armour from a mawlok along with the body from an old ravenor and some left over spines from the trygon. the head was made from a warrior and bit of green stuff. I was quite pleased with the results.
Last we have the drilling machine i bought to use as transport for the squats
Any way that's all for this week stay classy people,
Well this week I've not been painting that much but just to keep the blog going I'm posting a few shots of stuff I've finished this week and a few I've done a while ago, but the good news is some of them are squats...
Squats as scouts for my RTB01 army
Use of my really old paints to get a proper "pink" pink
A pre heresy Emperor's children marine I had intended to do aarmy of these but he's ended up as an objective marker for now.
One thing I have realised is my camera is starting to fail and it's not focusing as well as it used to (one too many drops I think) so may have to look in to getting a new one.
Well hope you liked the pics there will be no blog for a few weeks as I'm off away with work but painting will resume as soon as I get back, we may even see some more nids soon.
Well time I've just finished painting my last Mk1 Rhino, and while these may have coast 10 quid for 3 when new 20 years later and second hand from the E-bay they cost significantly more. They were all in pretty bad shape when I got them but after some TLC and a quick paint job I'm happy with the results.
Well thats all for this post but my RTB01 army is nearing completion now so I promise to post some better pictures of the whole lot once it's all done and dusted.
I've been playing with and painting wargames figures now for going on 25 years and while I'm not the greatest at either of these pass times I do gain a lot of enjoyment out the hobby. I've decided to try and keep a blog of things that I'm painting so as to share my love of small lead and plastic models with the world. with that in mind please enjoy my ramblings in the months to come and here's this weeks entry a converted RTB01 Chaplin balanced on a beer can.